Get to know one of our awesome Instructors, Kit Alvear!
We have an amazing, dedicated and talented team of moms here at Fit4Mom OPSY and we want you to get to know a little more about each one of them! Today we our spotlighting Stroller Strides, Body Back and Fit4Baby instructor Kit Alvear!
Enjoy learning more about Kit!
1. Who are the members of your family? Jason, Eleanor (2.5 years old) & Henry (8 months)
2. Where are you from originally and how long have you lived in OPSY? I grew up in Westmont, IL (attended high school in Downers Grove and college in Lisle). We moved to the Joliet/Plainfield area in July 2016.
3. What do you do for our FIT4MOM OPSY village? I am currently teaching a little bit of everything: Fit4Baby, Stroller Strides & Body Back. I also organize the Meal Trains for the mamas in Our Village who may need a few weeks of cooked meals to make their lives easier after baby arrives or post-surgery.
4. Tell us your story about how/why you became an instructor for Fit4Mom OPSY? I have always had FOMO (fear of missing out), so once I found out how much I loved F4M, I knew I had to be an instructor to know what was going on behind the scenes. The job has turned more into a passion and so I have continued to add different classes to my teaching schedule.
5. What are your favorite memories from instructing? I have so many memories from teaching over the past year and a half! I think my favorite memory thus far has to be watching Eleanor mimic the workout routines she learned to certain songs in Stroller Strides, for the first time. I love seeing a 2 year old do wall sit with such enthusiasm!
6. What is the BEST thing about being an instructor? Hearing a mom tell me that she feels stronger, or is fitting into her clothes better, is the BEST thing, and it inspires me to continue teaching. I am so proud of each one of these ladies and honored that they continue to come to me to help them through their health journeys.
7. Why do you keep doing what you do? Going to teach a class is my reason to get out of the house (even on days when it’s been a tough morning)! I love connecting with the moms and relating to the difficulties of motherhood.
8. What is one of your current wellness goals? I’m signing up for a couple 5ks this spring & hope to get back to running more often.
9. What is a fun fact that many may not know about you? I use to work in a brewery, have brewed beer & will gladly talk about all things beer if you let me!
10. Anything else you'd like Our Village to know? My door is always open! I am here for all of the mamas in Our Village – whether you need a shoulder to cry on, want to vent about anything & everything, or if you need a companion to day drink mimosas – don’t ever be afraid to ask me for something!
Kit, thank you so much for your dedication to our village! We are so lucky to have you!