The warm weather is here; grass is turning green, the sun is shining, and it is TIME TO GET OUTSIDE!!! We are SO lucky to have so many amazing parks close by- which makes deciding which one to go to even more difficult! So the moms of FIT4MOM Oswego, Plainfield, Shorewood and Yorkville have put together a list of THEIR favorite parks. These are the best of the best and parks that you will definitely want to check out this summer with the kiddos and their friends! Park hopping may be a fun way to get everyone outside and preventing the "I'm bored"'s of the summer!
- Townsend Park in Prescott Mill-413 Devoe Dr: No mulch, sandpit, and great for kids of all ages
- Lakeview Park- 541 Lakeview Dr: Toddler Park!
- Hudson Crossing Park- S Harrison St: Mister, sand pit and crawfish catching in the summer!
- Settler's Park- 24401 Lockport St.: Outdoor Amphitheater, Playground, Tot Spot, Walking Trails2
- Northwest Community Park- off of 127th: Turf Ground and perfect for all ages
- Village Green- 24121 W. Chicago St.: Park and Splash Pad!
- Van Horn Woods (West)- Zip Line
- Westshore Park- 701 Westshore Dr.: So much nature and a fun playground!
- Country West Park- Greendfield Rd: all ages with a rock wall for big kids
- Raintree Park B- 872 Prairie Crossing Dr: Has play areas for younger and older children
- Rotary Park in Grande Park-2775 Grand Trail: ZIPLINE!
- Green's Filling Station Park- Autumn Creek Blvd: Bring your bikes and follow the play roads and street signals!
PARKS OUTSIDE OF OUR AREA
- "Owens" Park- Downer's Grove at Hillcrest Elementary
- Arboretum Park- Lisle
- Country Lakes Park- Naperville
- Ninja Warrior Park- West Chicago
- Village Park/Deer Crossing Park- Romeoville
- Bison's Bluff Nature Park- Schaumburg